American Zinc Products
Instrumentation technicians at AZP are masters of manufacturing and process monitoring devices. As an instrumentation tech, you’ll be responsible for ensuring these devices work efficiently and are safe for all of our team members.
Our ideal candidate is well-versed in level, flow, pressure, temperature, pH, ORP, and density instruments. You’ll also be able to perform DCS/PLC troubleshooting, process analyzer calibration and troubleshooting. Experience in automation equipment is also advantageous.
Senior instrumentation technicians will serve as a mentor to other instrumentation technicians. Motivated team players will do well in this role.
This position requires an application completion.
- Work on a maintenance team that’s an integral part of daily plant operations
- Promote and enforce compliance with all safety rules and environmental regulations
- Adhere to plant and company policies effectively, with dedication and consistency
- Execute major shut down and repair projects
- Actively participate in implementing preventive and predictive maintenance systems consisting of planned inspections; servicing, measuring and monitoring of critical equipment; and documentation of activities pertaining to continuous improvement and regulatory compliance
- Use and maintain a Work Order system to assign and prioritize duties for a team of multi-craft technicians, and analyze data for the purposes of reducing downtime, identifying root cause, implementing irreversible corrective actions and making continuous improvements
- Support the initiatives of the plant leadership and management and maintain confidentiality
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Mechanical aptitude with knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical, and electronic instrumentation
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience repairing various process control systems, including single loop standalone / PLC controlled / DCS controlled
- Experience with Profibus and other protocols
- Ability to effect repairs on process control equipment
- Ability to identify, test, repair, or install elements used in process control including pressure, level, temperature, flow transmitters, pressure switches, valves, actuators, signal conditioners (I/P), etc.
- Ability to identify, select and use calibration equipment and software
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to effectively work independently or within a team
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Ability to work overtime and off-shift, and assist with shutdowns
- Ability to use a HART communicator
- ISA certification a plus
Competitive benefits with 401k company match
Eligible to receive quarterly performance bonus (up to 8%)
Compensation Range: $30.00 – $40.00 hourly DOE
To apply for this job please visit forms.zohopublic.com.