This position is at our Rutherford County, North Carolina location. As an operation supervisor, you’re responsible for overseeing primary production activities that keep our facility running smoothly. You’re leading the front lines in our production process, and your work helps to ensure a high-quality end product. You may work in one of several different areas throughout the plant, overseeing different stages of the zinc production process.
You’ll supervise a team of production operators, and will serve as the point person for safety, environment, production, and control procedures in your area. In this role, it’s critical to come with a good attitude: you’re responsible for motivating your team members on the production front, who ultimately keep the gears turning.
- Maintain a safe operating environment.
- Oversee the safety, training, accountability, and development of production employees.
- Assign, supervise, and review the work of crew for designated work area.
- Implement production plans according to approved schedule.
- Inspect and evaluate work progress, identify problems, and direct remedial action.
- Conduct performance evaluations on crew members.
- Prioritize staff, materials, and equipment to accomplish daily task.
- Ensures that operational PM’s are completed per schedule.
- Coordinate with maintenance to complete work requests.
- Train employees on process and safety procedures and maintain safety data for crew.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Associates in Industrial Technology, or similar 2-year degree or a combination of relevant training and education is preferred.
- 5+ years of supervisory or lead experience in chemicals, metals, melting and casting, or other heavy industrial environments.
- Skilled in resolving day-to-day questions/problems regarding equipment, methods, process, and procedures.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- Excellent employee relations, time management, attention to detail, and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Computer skills are strongly preferred.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs multiple times per shift.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk for multiple hours during a shift.
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hats, safety glasses, steel-toed boots, respirators, protective clothing, and gloves.
To apply for this job please visit forms.zohopublic.com.