American Zinc Products
This position is at our Mooresboro, North Carolina location and may work in various areas in the plant. We are seeking several individuals who have experience chemical handling, processing, batch operations, or drumming but can also perform the regular duties associated with being a production operator.
- Operate and maintain processing equipment to achieve area objectives according to operating guidelines using SOP’s, process monitoring instrumentation, supervisory input, and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Collect samples for laboratory analysis to ensure the process is achieving desired results.
- Actively monitor area to identify systems that may not be operating correctly.
- Complete operational PM’s for area to ensure efficient operation of equipment and process.
- Troubleshooting issues with production equipment and processes
- Use mobile equipment in a safe manner to accomplish area requirements.
- Focus on housekeeping in order to maintain a safe clean work environment.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Ability to understand and convey verbal and written work and safety related instructions and procedures given in English.
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Pass written test for verification of understanding of the process and requirements for the area.
- Willingness to work with others and be able to take direction from multiple sources.
- Must be able walk repetitively for multiple hours during the shift.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently move up to 50 pounds.
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and as needed respirator, protective clothing and gloves.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs multiple times per shift.
- MUST be able to work outdoors in ALL types of weather.
To apply for this job please visit forms.zohopublic.com.